Lathrop Alumni Hall of Fame
The Lathrop R-II Board of Education approved the formation of an Alumni Hall of Fame. Criteria for inclusion in the Lathrop Schools Hall of Fame follows. If you have someone you feel is worthy of this award, please complete the attached form (click here). The selection committee is currently the sitting Board of Education members and the Lathrop Administrators.
Criteria for LATHROP SCHOOLS HALL OF FAME
The Lathrop R-II School District has established a long-standing tradition of academic and athletic excellence. Many graduates, who distinguished themselves in the classrooms and in athletic or scholastic competition, continued to distinguish themselves after graduation.
It is the purpose of the LATHROP SCHOOLS HALL OF FAME to recognize such individuals who have, through their performance, conduct and achievement brought credit and honor to themselves and the Lathrop R-II School District. Their public example will hopefully serve to inspire future graduates to perform and serve in the same spirit.
To be eligible for selection and induction into the LATHROP SCHOOLS HALL OF FAME, the person must meet the following qualifications.
- The nominee must be a graduate of the Lathrop R-II School District. A period of ten years must have elapsed between graduation and nomination for induction.
- Candidates must be nominated on the official nominating form.
- Candidates must have:
- Made a significant and recognized contribution to society or their profession, OR
- Been recognized for outstanding performance in the arts, athletics, government or public service, OR
- Advanced the cause of education, science or medicine through practice and/or research, OR
- Been recognized for other outstanding achievement, accomplishment, contribution or act that has had a profound and positive effect.
- Candidates may be nominated and inducted posthumously.
- Any supporting material such as newspaper articles, stories, etc. must be submitted with the nominating form.
A committee comprised of four alumni and one school administrator will review the nominations and select the person(s) to be honored each year. All nominations must be received no later than December 31st for consideration to be given for a succeeding year's induction.
Persons selected for induction will be notified by the selection committee. Induction into the LATHROP SCHOOLS HALL OF FAME will take place during ceremonies to be scheduled at a convenient and appropriate time. The maximum number of persons inducted in any school year is three persons. Nominations will remain active for a period of three consecutive years of consideration.
Each inductee will be honored with a portrait and plaque to be enshrined in the LATHROP SCHOOL'S HALL OF FAME.